I’ve just written a press release, which I hope will be sent to local papers, even not so local. Sorry, it’s too big for my Welsh, but we need to get this event advertised.
EISTEDDFOD YR URDD APPEAL, 2010, CEREDIGION
On Friday 24th April 2009, the Llandysul Committee for the Eisteddfod yr Urdd appeal 2010 will hold an Auction of Promises at the Porth Hotel, Llandysul, and the auctioneer will be Mr David Lewis. The auction will start promptly at 7.30pm, and you will need to register when you arrive, if you are going to bid.
There are 50 items and promises in the programme that cover a wide range of activities. Here are a few items that you can bid on.
• Be the first to drive across the Llandysul By-pass from the Ceredigion side and also from Carmarthenshire side.
• A signed print by Sir Kyffin Williams.
• A one week holiday in Typoeth Cottage, Llandysul.
• A cricket bat signed by the Glamorgan Team.
• 6 harp lessons from Telynnau Teifi.
• An activity such as white water rafting or abseiling for 7 people from the Llandysul Paddlers.
• A commissioned poem by the chaired bard Ceri Wyn Jones.
Plus meals provided by local restaurants, cases of wine, a website, vouchers for various things such as food from local shops to swimming lessons to tuition on how to start researching your family tree and the list goes one.
If you are not able to attend the auction but have an interest in any of the items or if you require more information about an item or a copy of the full programme, please contact Teleri Morris on 07814 144732.
In 2010, the Urdd National Eisteddfod will take place in Llanerchaeron, Aberaeron, Ceredigion. Llandysul is one of many areas in Ceredigion who have been asked to form a committee to raise money towards the eisteddfod. Our target is £6000. The committee is made up from members of the different societies and clubs, chapels and the church who make up the busy community of Llandysul.
The appeal has almost raised £2000, through donations from organisations and individuals and from events such as a Twmpath, coffee mornings and a St David’s Day dinner.
For more details about the appeal, please contact Edwina Rees: 07800 900838.